Sunday, June 26, 2011

Praise The Lord

Thank God, our house has sold! God does everything in his own timing, that is for sure!  Here is the whirlwind story.
 Brent finally agreed to fire our bad realtor and we put it up for sale by owner and at the same time had it up for rent. The house was getting more hits online then when it was listed with the realtor, but we soon discovered that our realtor did all kinds of things wrong and had our taxes listed over $1200 then they were etc etc etc... Tuesday night at 2am my family got in to spend the night on their way to Texas for Jason's graduation from bootcamp, so they left Wed morning and I didn't clean up the beds or breakfast, just packed up and went to the pool.  I just got home from the pool when Brent calls "there is a realtor driving around with a client and they would like to see the house" I literally start running and cleaning like crazy (ok, i was shoving everything under the bed, in drawers and in the hampers) cause they were going to be here in 10 minutes, but really I could see them sitting in front of the house. Anyway, that lady seemed like she wasnt interested but we met the realtor, Leeanne Barney. She came back that night and was here for over 2 hours talking to Brent (I already had plans to go to a movie) about the house and the tax error that she discovered and a client she had comign this weekend who wanted to lease to buy. They had lost everything in Joplin and are moving here to be close to family. So anyway, Thursday the first lady came back for a second look with her husband , but they decided they wanted a more private yard. Then the Joplin lady came and they are going to buy it! She loved it and her husband said he doesnt even need to see it, get the paper work going. They will all come over Sunday to talk about things. The realtor called us last night and in the conversation Brent said "i appreaciate all you did for us (we never hired her) and for calling a forsale by owner house. She said, well I believe God puts me in the right place at the right time and the people buying your house are Christians and need a good house and are so excited and blesssed that you will work with them. Brent said "my mother in law was here Wed morning and prayed the house would sell by the end of the week!" They are putting down $25,000 non refundable deposit (their idea) then paying us rent till he gets a job here and can get financing to buy it. She is finishing nursing school and wants to work in Peds (ironic since I am a nurse and worked on Peds here).  I am happy everything worked out this way and happy we can help people who need it.  We bought the house for $160,000, put around $8,000 into it finishing the basement bedroom, landscaping, fence.  We had it listed for $150,000 with the bad realtor and then when we were trying to sell it by ourselves we had it listed at 143,000 .  We would have had to bring over $10,000 to closing to get our of it.  This way we are getting $25,000 up front instead of paying!!! And we are actually selling it for $148,000.  Then believe it or not, yesterday a realtor called me who had shown the house a couple weeks ago and said her clients wanted to buy it!  I had to say sorry.  The family who bought it will be moving in on the 2nd of July!  We move out June 30th, it will get cleaned and be ready for them to move in!  We also stained the deck and painted the entire basement this week!  I just can't leave the house looking bad, I have to fill all the holes and since the flat paint in the basement was so bad I had to paint the whole thing.  But that is how my mom taught us, leave things nicer then when you got there.  
we are so excited!  Moving company comes tomorrow morning to start packing up the house!


PS.  This was long and I'm going to post it without re-reading it for errors :-)

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers