Today our friend Rachel came back into town. She used to be our neighbor, but her husband finished residency last year so they moved away last fall. Today we spent the day at the pool! Last year we went to toddler time ever single Monday, Wednesday and Friday! In fact Rachel even went the day she was going to be induced with Kate! :-) Today was our first time at toddler time this year and it is a little more difficult with Emmy being so fearless and mobile. Nile is better at listening though, so it helps. After toddler time we came back to our house had lunch and naps.... well one out of four kids napped, and then went back to the pool for more!
It was a fun day and I will miss having Rachel around, even though she moved 4 hours away, we do tend to see her pretty often! She may not know it, but she really has been the best friend I've had here in Wichita and I may not have made it through the last three years without her. She is always willing to help. When I was pregnant with Emmy she watched Nile while I went to my doctors appointments. It is priceless to have a friend that you can absolutely count on to follow through and who you can know that your children are safe with. After I had Emmy she would always call when she was going to the store to see if I needed her to get me anything. I don't think I helped her nearly as much as she helped me, but I really really appreciated it! Most of all it was wonderful to have a friend for both Nile and me right around the corner (and Chloe too!) We could walk over and knock on the door anytime. Nile's best friend was Emma and I know he misses her and will continue to miss her. Thanks for being great friends!
 |
| Hard to catch a picture of these two looking at me! |
 |
| I don't know what this was, maybe they were just striking a pose for me |
 |
| All the pool time makes us hungry! |
 |
| Emmy really has no fear, she went down every single slide! |
 |
| the cute little girls! they all have the same outfit, I guess their mom's have great taste. |
No comments:
Post a Comment