Sunday, June 26, 2011

Kansas Pros & Cons

  • Pro: It 's hot here and not very humid at all
  • Con: It's REALLY hot here
  • Pro: Made a few good friends
  • Con: My good friends kept moving away 
  • Pro: the Zoo is really nice and we went there a lot
  • Pro: the YMCA 's are really nice and we went there every day, and never miss toddler time at the pool!
  • Con: Did not get plugged into a church the entire time we were here, we went, well I went alone 85% of the time and they were Huge, and I never made any friends or anything.  It was pretty disappointing. After changing churches, I wonder if anyone noticed I stopped going to the one I had been attending for over a year, I decided I was going to get involved in stuff.  Went to classes and group stuff and it was weird, just couldn't seem to connect with anyone.  I really hope church is better in Algona.  At least it will be smaller!!!
  • Con: People are overall rude here, at least compared to Iowans
  • Con: Kansans (or Wichitonians) do NOT know how to drive
  • Con: The residency experience for me was a disappointment, I think I had my expectations too high or something.  Or maybe Brent and I are really too "blue collar" for this "white collar" group. HA!
  • Pro: I worked at Wesley on the pediatric floor and I am really happy I worked there, it was a good experience
  • Pro: While I worked I had a GREAT day care and they have continued to watch my kids at short notice when I found myself in a jam. 
  • Con: Too far from home
  • Con: Too far from home, people didn't come visit often
  • Con: We did not see Brent very much
  • Con: Brent worked moonlighting almost 2 weekends every month for the last two years
  • Pro: Thanks to Brent moonlighting, I was able to stay home with the kids and we saw A LOT of small towns in Kansas
  • Pro: I discovered that even though I get really stressed out and don't act like Brent is the greatest husband in the world, HE IS!  He helps out around here so much and even after a long day of work he still gives the kids a bath every night. He is AWESOME!!!!
  • Pro:  We had great neighbors!
  • Con: there are no sidewalks in our neighborhood..... or really anywhere in Wichita
  • Con: can't watch the news here, it's always about shootings and stuff in Wichita
  • Pro:  America is still free and I have my own guns to take care of any intruders
  • Pro: I also have the worlds greatest dog who can help out with potential intruders 
  • Pro:  I have a security system, Jesus
  • Pro: we have a sprinkler system and it's pretty handy and awesome
  • Con: The dirt here is crap, the wonderful, black dirt in Iowa actually smells good (hey it's my blog and it smells good!)
  • Pro: We were blessed with a really nice house
  • Pro: It took a while to sell, but God provided!
  • Con: tax is 7.3% and everything is taxed, for example in Iowa food isn't taxed
  • Pro: A lot of stores to shop at
  • Con: There are no trees
  • Con: there are no hills
  • Con: it is very windy
  • Pro: winter doesn't last long
  • Con: There really isn't much snow
  • Pro: There isn't much snow, thats good cause when it does snow, they don't clear the streets
Anyway, there are some thoughts on Kansas :-)

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers