Monday, January 17, 2011

2011

My first post of 2011! I don't know what we have been up to, but it hasn't been blogging! 
We have been getting our house ready to put on the market.  I have been de-cluttering and organizing the house, room by room. I have a pile of boxes in the basement ready to be taken to a storage unit.  We are going to rent one to get all the excess junk out of the way that we have acquired over the last 8.5 years!  We also painted a large portion of the house.  Our house was brand new when we moved in, however we soon realized that it had flat paint and flat paint is EVIL!  You can NOT wipe anything off of it because the paint comes right off.  Last year I painted Nile and Emmy's rooms and I discovered that the builder didn't even use primer, it took at least one gallon per room and the rooms are not that big.  I feel like I still need to paint the laundry room and our room, but we will see.
Brent turned 30 at the end of the year.  We had a big party........ actually no one was around since it was right after Christmas. So we just celebrated as a family.  We still went and got him balloons and fun "30" plates and napkins.



We had a little bit of snow last week.  Nile was very upset that it wasn't the right kind of snow for making a snowman! However, it has started to melt so yesterday we went out there and tried to build one, though the snow still wasn't right.  We managed to build a snowtoddler.  He was happy with it! :-)


Emmy was playing in Nile's room and I heard her getting upset, I thought she had climbed into the tub with the train tracks and was stuck again, but this is what I found.

Stuck in Niles' clothes hamper!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers