Monday, July 26, 2010

6 Monts Old

Emmy is six months old already!  I can't believe how fast the time has gone!  She is such a good baby, She doesn't cry unless she is hungry or stuck under something. Yes, she is mobile! She can roll anywhere she wants to go and is even scooting.  I have caught her up on her knees once or twice!  




Our days are spent swimming and going to the gym, not as glamorous and easy as it sounds though.  I chase a two year old all around the pool while carrying Emmy.  Then when it's time for them to go to the gym daycare so I can work out Nile screams "NO PLAY, NO KIDS!"  He used to like playing there....
In the afternoon I try my hardest to get them to sleep at the same time so I can clean and cook dinner.  And when Brent comes home he works on his Jeep.  He has had some great deals on it though.  He decided he was going to make sure this Jeep ran well instead of spending the money to make it look good.  His old Jeep looked awesome, but didn't run well.  He took the engine out and had it rebuilt and while he was working on it one day out new neighbor came over to help out.  Turns out he is a master mechanic and as been here every night (3:30am one night!) helping Brent.  He even got the transmission rebuilt for nearly $2,000 LESS then we would have had to pay without him!  Not only did Brent get a friend, the the neighbors have a 3 1/2 year old son!  Kids are so funny, within seconds they were best friends, running, hugging and wrestling together.  I'm glad he finally has a boy to play with! 

1 comment:

Love, The Bartletts said...

Oh man. That jeep is going to be awesome when it's finished! Once you guys move back to iowa, we'll all go cruizin' in our jeeps!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers