Friday, March 18, 2011

29

Well, today is my 29th birthday.  I have been having some issues with turning 29 and only having one year left until the 30s!!! (Insert scary music here)   It has been a crazy day, but has ended ok.  We are going to spend the weekend with Brent while he moonlights and take it easy.
What has been going on around here?
I feel like I have developed OCD because I am constantly running around cleaning the house, keeping it spotless in case someone wants to look at the house.  Our house has been on the market a couple weeks and we have had 3 showings so far.  To make things extra stressful out neighbors are suddenly moving because of a job change and so the house right next door is for sale!  :-(  this has been stressful!  The neighbors are moving in two weeks so their urgency to sell is higher then ours and yesterday they dropped the price of their house $8,000 (now lower then ours).  VERY stressful!  So yesterday instead of studying (because of course I decided NOW would be the time to finally finish the RN-BSN program) I mulched, trimmed and planted flowers to make the outside look even better.
RN-BSN program....
I don't know why I want to finish this, I just always have and I wish I would have finished right away, but I decided to just work for a while, because I thought working full time at a new job and school would be too much.  Of course now I know being a stay at home mom is a much more difficult job! ANYWAY.  I have one class left to complete before I can get into the program, an obscure history course.  I am taking it online through the University of Iowa.  I had the midterm exam today which went well.  I haven't officially decided if I am going to do the program or not, I think one of the main factors will be whether or not they let me have instate tuition for Iowa.  They should, I consider myself a resident of Iowa and would never have moved if it wasn't for Brent's education.
The last two days were rough because I had been under stress, studying, house work, then to make everything worse my babysitter (for the midterm) cancelled yesterday! I called a lot of people and finally called Nile's old day care and they said they could take my children as a drop in for today!  I thought it was all ok.... Then at 6am Brent work me up and said Emmy had thrown up, but he had to leave for work! She was super tired and fussy, but cheered up after her bath, so I went ahead and took them to daycare.    The midterm went well, but when I was looking for my two forms of identification, that I didn't know I needed. I pulled out my nursing licence only to discover it expired 3 days ago!!! how could I forget!!!!!  The first thing I did after my test was get online (new iphone!!!!) and go to the Iowa Board of nursing to renew it..... hmmmm 36 credit hours... do I have that many, I know I have 30, why did I think I only needed 30?  STUPID KANSAS! Kansas only needs 30, Iowa needs 36 because it renews for 3 years.... So I have a 30 day grace period and a $50 fine to get it all finished up.  I will never forget that again! The kids had a great day at daycare and Brent and I went out for lunch alone!  We NEVER get to do anything together.  He works so much, probably more then he really has to, but he is a hard worker and does a great job.  These 3 years have been very very difficult!  We are in the home stretch and I can't wait to move closer to home!  I can't wait to move to our new house and to be closer to family and friends.
I had flowers from Brent and flowers from my Brother and sister in law!  Nile and Brent my "birthday brownies" and now we are relaxing while Brent moonlights.  Hopefully it will be a quiet weekend!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers